Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Will it be a Scam?

Back on March 22nd, 2012, the Department of Energy launched a contest. There is $100,000 in cash prizes for software developers who come up with an app that uses "Green Button" technology.

The thing that disturbs me is that you can submit ideas now, but the rules will not be posted till April 5th, 2012. Depending on the rules, a developer might have a full forfeiture of their idea. But I need to be careful since there is no evidence of that yet. I am just looking back on the scam of a contest Obama ran against artists.

Another disturbing aspect is the government has programmers that could write apps. Maybe this is a cheap way to get many apps for the price of a single software developer. If the rules are like the Obama artist contest, they might even be able to use apps that do not win. Maybe the prices are in $100 increments and they are "buying" 1000 apps this way.

We'll know in 2 days when the rules are posted. Right now I am just speculating.

Well over an hour ago I did submit an email address to get updates on the contest. As of yet I have not received a "Welcome" email. Hmmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment