Don't fear. Pork is here!
From the Department of Education site only, $250+ million in spending the day before government shutdown! Are you kidding me!?
I'm not going to bother reading the whole stories. I'm just going to rip a conclusion from the Department's own happy headlines.
- University at Buffalo Awarded $924,512 Grant to Advance the Transfer of Rehabilitation Technologies for Individuals with Disabilities
- U.S. Department of Education Awards Nearly $32 Million to Local Education Agencies and Community-Based Organizations for Nutrition and Physical Education
- U.S. Department Of Education Awards Nearly $1 Million to George Washington University to Support Educational Facilities Clearinghouse
- Department Awards $211 Million for the Promoting the Readiness Of Minors in Supplemental Security Income (PROMISE) Initiative
- U.S. Department of Education Awards $2.8 Million in Charter School Grants for Planning, Program Design, Implementation and Dissemination
- $4.6 Million in Grants Awarded for Research Projects Aimed at Helping Improve Lives of People with Disabilities
The day before a government shutdown during the sequester the Department of Education spends one quarter of a billion dollars!? Are you freaking kidding me!? Am I really supposed to believe a government shutdown hurts the government!?