Saturday, January 7, 2012

Happy New Year

How many days can you go into January and still say "Happy New Year?"

Well I had the brilliant idea of picking the Mayan calendar as a theme for my New Year's post. After I printed out a copy of the calendar I completely avoided making an altered trace of it. There is sooooo much to it; I got sloppy, but I don't care. The overall look will carry it.



So yes, I started the year with procrastination; and maybe I will finish coloring it. Is it worth coloring the whole thing?

So are you freaking out about December 21st, 2012 yet? End of the world paranoia? Do you know what the end of the Mayan long count calendar means? Chisel out another darn calendar!

The Mayans had over 17 calendars. Don't bunch your undies on this. The end of the world has been predicted before. Remember May 21, 2011? Remember Y2K?

Life will go on. Eat, drink, and be merry. Paint something. Smell a flower. Say "I love you" more.

Live fiercly.

No comments:

Post a Comment