Monday, April 14, 2014

Tax Day! I Win! Procrastination Pays Off!

Woo Hoo!

Tax Day!

I Win!

Did I get a refund?

No! I owe!

I am sending in my forms on the deadline date.

Why am I happy about that? Because I gained income through interest on what I underpaid. Also, that means I probably underpaid my Medicare tax withholdings and Social Security withholdings.

I underpaid some taxes?

Don't worry. Those of you that get a refund overpaid your Medicare and Social Security taxes subsidizing mine. Thanks!

While you waited for your glorious return to enjoy the fruits of your labor I have already enjoyed mine. In fact, if I owe too much I can get on a payment plan to defer my debt over time.

You should set up your withholdings so that you owe at the end of the year because some day you will die. If you can die while cheating the government out of money, you win.

No comments:

Post a Comment